PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENTS AVAILABLE
- Psychological and Psycho-educational assessments
- Assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Assessments for ADHD , EBD, and ODD
- Assessments for specific learning difficulties
(Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Specific Language Disorders)
- Assessments of 2nd level students seeking reasonable accommodations
in state examinations (RACE). RACE is a scheme offering a range of special accommodations to students with a Specific Learning Disability, when they are doing the Leaving Certificate examinations. These accommodations include assistance with reading, spelling and grammar, and writing.
- Assessment of 2nd level students seeking to avail of the
Disability Access Route to Education (DARE). DARE is a supplementary admissions scheme, offering college places on reduced points, to students who have learning, physical or emotional disabilities. This scheme is administered through the CAO. See: www.accesscollege.ie for more information.
- Assessment of 3rd levels students seeking access to the Disability Support
Services in third level colleges
The following services are also provided
- Occupational Assessments and Career Guidance
- Study skills` training
- Advice and training to teachers who work with students with ASD,ADHD, EBD and ADD